Booking Process of JioPhone from 24th August Online
Jio Phone is a feature phone which was launched by the Reliance Jio recently. This phone is available at free of cost but with an initial refundable deposit. Its main feature is that it will come with 4G VoLTE. It is one of the first branded feature phones that is going to feature 4G out of the box in India.
Important Dates (Launch Date, Booking Date And Delivery Date)
As for the launch of Jio Phone, it got launched on 21st July 2017. The bookings shall commence from 24th August onwards. 24th August 2017 is the date from when the online booking begins. You can expect that the phones will start to get delivered from September onwards.
The company has announced that the Beta testing shall commence from August 15 onwards. This means that it will be made available from August 15th itself but that window for Beta testing will be very short. At this stage it will be available only for a handful of people. If all goes well then the doors for pre-orders will open from 24th August itself.
Jio Phone Features And Specification
- Display: The phone will have a 2.4’’ QVGA screen. The screen won’t have any touch feature. The display will feature merely 240 x 320 pixels.
- Design: It will also have a bar body. The body will also have a text keypad. It is just like any other feature phone available in the market right now. It will be black in colour.
- Bluetooth: It will come with NFC feature. It will allow you to pay online via various channels. Also, it will feature Bluetooth v 4.10. However, it won’t have USB OTG or Infrared.
- Add ons: Other features that this phone will have include torch light, microSD card slot, FM radio and voice command support. The voice command supports 22 Indian languages (which the phone also supports otherwise).
- Chipset: Both Qualcomm and Spreadtrum have powered some units of the chipset in this phone. So in some units you may find Spreadtrum chipsets while others may have a Qualcomm unit.
- Internet: The phone comes with a web browser, PM’s Mann Ki Baat broadcaster, Facebook and such features but it does not feature or support WhatsApp at the moment.
- Music: You can also play music on this phone via Jio Music and there are other features which you can use in this phone via the Jio App. The calling feature is free for life time.
- SIM slot: The phone will support only a single GSM SIM. The phone won’t support 2G only 3G and 4G connections shall be supported. Also, it will have 4G India Band 40.
- OS: It will feature KaiOS. This OS is basically used in most feature phones. It is the fork version of Mozilla Firefox for the Windows PC.
- Internal Memory: It will come with a 512MB RAM but the internal memory will be 4GB. You can expand the memory using microSD slot (up to 128 GB only).
- Camera: It will not have a front camera. There shall be a rear camera but there won’t be any flash.
How to Register for JioPhone Online
- Go to http://www.jiofreephone.com/ over there you will see the big banner with the phone either click on that banner and go to the new page or visit here directly – http://www.jiofreephone.com/jio-keep-me-posted/
- Fill out your name, email, phone number and pin code and read the terms and conditions before finally submitting the form. You will get a success message.
- You might also receive an email or a SMS soon from Jio which will tell you that their team will contact you shortly. If you get a call receive it and they will give you the further details.
Jio Phone Plan and Security Deposit
You can recharge this phone for Rs. 153 for which you will get 500MB of free data each day for 28 days. You can also do a Rs. 24 or Rs. 54 recharge which will give you two days and seven days data respectively. You also have to deposit Rs. 1500 initially as a security, which is refundable after 3 years.