IPS Officer|Salary|Pay Scale|Grade|Allowance|Perks
After 7th Pay Commission
The central government employees are said to be the most well paid employees in the country. And the IPS officers are surely the top of the list. Apart from their salary, they are also entitled to a lot of perks and benefits. The pay scales of the IPS officers are dependent on basis of their individual grade. After the 7th Pay commission, there has been certain modification that has been made in the pay scale. The details are given below.
Below listed table discuss about the must know facts about IPS Officer
|S.No||All you Need Know About India Police Service (IPS)||Detailed Explanation|
|1||History Behind IPS||The Indian Police Service (IPS), is one among the three All India Services formed in 1948 by replacing the old strategy of Indian Imperial Police|
|2||How IPS officers are Selected?||As per the current process, IPS officers are selected on two ways, one by selection carried by state police cadres and another one from civil services competitive exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.|
|3||Educational Qualification for Becoming IPS Officer||People who possess a valid degree from any recognized university of India are eligible to appear for civil services examination (Competitive exam for IPS selection) conducted by UPSC.|
|4||Age limit to become an IPS officer||Other than OBC and SC/ST candidates, all others should be aged in between 21 to 30 years for appearing Civil Service IPS Exam. For OBC candidates upper age limit will be added by 3 more years and for SC/ST candidates upper age limit of 30 will be added by 5 more years.|
|5||Other Eligibility Factors||Just like age limitation, candidates must be an Indian Citizen. Also refugees who migrated from other nations and willing to settle permanently in India can also become IPS office by undergoing certain procedures carried out by The Secretary of Union Public Service Commission.|
IPS officer salary and facilities
Nowadays many young boys and girls want to join the IPS or the India Police service and serve the country and its people.
The salary of the IPS varies in accordance to the grades mentioned below-
- First is the Band-III pay which includes Junior Time Scale whose salary package ranges from Rs.15600 to Rs.39000 with a grade pay Rs.5400. the Senior Time Scale is entitle to a salary of Rs.15600 to 39100 with a grade pay of Rs.6600. The Junior Administrative holds the same salary range, with a grade pay of Rs.7600.
- The Band-VI which includes the Selection Grade who draws the same salary scale as above with a grade pays of 8700. Then come the Super Time Scale which has two kinds, and draw salary scale of Rs.37400 to 67000. The grade pay being Rs.8900 and Rs.10000 respectively.
- The Above Super Time Scale and the Apex Scale salary range in between Rs.67000 to 79000. And the Apex Scale has a salary limit of Rs.80000 which allows includes the vehicle allowances.
IPS officer salary per month and year
Apart from the salary, the IPS officers have many other benefits such as free accommodation, free electricity, and just like other government employee pension will be there for sure. There are many other perks and benefits that an IPS officer gets and when the total salary and benefits are calculated and compared to the private sector employee’s, the private sector employees do not even get a half of it.
IPS officer rank grade pay
The salary grade of the IPS officers is fixed by the Indian government and from time to time the salary grade is upgraded. Along with the salary the privileges given to the IPS depends on his or her post. The lowest salary is of Rs.15600 and the highest limit of the salary being Rs.80000. along with the salary the IPS officers are also given a separate grade pay which again varies with the grade of the officer.
IPS officer under central government and state government
The IPS is responsible for the internal security, public safety and to see if law and order is maintained in the country. The IPS starts with the position of the Assistant Superintendent of Police of a Sub-division and then after two years becomes the Superintendent of Police or Deputy Commissioner. And then the Director General of Police after 30 years of service. IPS officers can also work for national government agencies. The facilities and the salary depends on his or her posting.
Other Articles :
- BSNL Employee Executive Non Executive JAO JTO TTA Benefits Pay Scale Grade Salary Allowance Under 7th Pay Commission
- Family Planning Allowance Rules Tax exemption For,Railways, BSNL, Central Govt. Employee Under 7th Pay Commission