Animal Husbandry Post and Salary in India [Incentives, Allowance, Perks] Recruitment and Eligibility
What is animal husbandry?
Animal husbandry is the study of care and rearing of animals. It offers interested individuals an opportunity to breeding, feeding and nurturing animals. Animal husbandry is closely associated with agricultural department. Form milk production, beekeeping and sheep rearing to raising cattle, anything that is associated with production of animal products, falls under this category. Apart from agriculture, animal husbandry is also a popular occupational in India. Qualified people can start their own business or get a job in animal husbandry sector. With proper boost, animal husbandry will help Indian economy to progress. Both private and government colleges offer courses to eligible and interested individuals. These courses will help candidates to obtain both theoretical and practical information.
|4||Course||Rs. 1500 to Rs. 35000|
|5||Duration||2 to 3 years|
Career scope in animal husbandry
All qualified people will be able to attain jobs in the following posts:
- Farm Manager
- Research Assistant
- Subject Matter Specialist
- Animal Husbandry Technician
- Animal Husbandry Officer
- Post Graduate Teacher
- Animal Husbandry Officer
The posting of the individual will depend on the sector requirements, his/her qualification, and experiences. Poultry farms, stud farms, vet hospitals and clinics, rabbit farms and dairy farms are some areas where qualified applicants will get jobs. Aviaries and zoological parks also require assistance from such people for proper maintenance. People with masters and research degrees in animal husbandry can also teach in colleges and universities, which offer associated courses.
Some established organizations, which recruit people with degrees in animal husbandry courses are:
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)
- Indian Council for Agricultural Research
- Veterinary Council of India
- State Animal Husbandry Department
- Indian Forest Services
- Central Cattle Breeding Farm
Eligibility and courses
- Not all will be able to apply for the animal husbandry courses. If you are serious about a career in this field, then you can reach up to research applicants.
- Apart from this, colleges and universities offer diploma as well as degree courses in this field. Interested candidates must have acquired 50% marks in their 12th standard final examination.
- Students from science background are preferred for degree courses. The course fee of diploma courses begins at Rs. 1500 and degree courses can scale up to Rs. 35,000.
- Most colleges and universities organize separate entrance examinations to test the basic knowledge and ability of applicants. Only those, who pass the cutoff and meet other requirements, will be allowed to become a part of these courses.
- The average course duration is of 2 to 3 years. Research candidates may have to spend more time to finish their thesis.
Salary in this sector
A rough estimate states that people associated with the animal husbandry sector will be able to earn as much as Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 17,000 on a monthly basis. In case the person is associated with research or technologic aspects of animal husbandry, then he/she can attain a salary package of Rs. 20,000 on a monthly basis. Both private sectors as well as government sector organizations require the qualified individuals. People who get a job in the government animal husbandry department will get more salary package as they get promoted to higher posts.