Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) Rules Eligibility Table After 7th Pay Commission
Many central government employees get a wide range of benefits from the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS). A portion of monthly contribution from every employee of offices that come under the central government throughout the service and the overall interest for these contributions plays the major role in the CGEGIS.
Below listed table describes the basic things about the central government CGEGIS plan.
|S.No||Things need to know about Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS)||Detailed Explanation|
|1||The Insurance Scheme for government employees sponsored by whom?||The Central Government of India sponsors for CGEGIS, which handles by Department of Expenditure.|
|2||Who are all the beneficiaries under this CGEGIS?||All central government employees and their respective family members are eligible to get merged with this Insurance scheme|
|3||What are the monthly deduction details under this CGEGIS?||At present central government employees getting deduction of Rs.120 from their monthly salary and it is be increased to Rs.5000 as per the proposal place by central government.|
|4||Insured Amount under CGEGIS||Current the insured amount is Rs.1,20,000 and government plans to increase the sum amount to Rs.50,00,000|
Once people have entered the central government service, they have to apply for this scheme through the Form No. 4 to the head of office. The head of office is responsible for sanctioning the subscriber’s accumulation payment in the segment of Savings Fund along with interest. This fund can be received by the central government employees after their retirement.
In the event of the death of central government employees, the CGEGIS is available to their family. All payments associated with this insurance scheme are as per the Table of Benefit at all times. Central government employees have to keep focusing on the Table of Benefit and make an informed decision about how they can make use of this CGEGIS.
Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) Important Factors
- There are two types of funding patterns associated with the CGEGIS. The first type is insurance fund. The second type is savings fund.
- The ratio in which a portion of the central government employees’ salary is allotted for the insurance and saving funds is 3:7.
- Each contribution to the savings fund earns interests at a certain rate specified by the central government. This interest rate is compounded quarterly.
- The Department of Expenditure manages every aspect of the CGEGIS from the beginning to end of this scheme for every employee of the central government offices.
CGEGIS Table 1 2016 – Subscription of Rs.10 / month per unit from 1.1.1982 to 31.12.1989
CGEGIS Table 2 2016 – Subscription of Rs.15 / month per unit w.e.f. 1.1.1990
Eligibility to join CGEGIS
Every regular employee of the central government is eligible for the CGEGIS. Employees who are joining the service on any day and month of a year are considered as the member of CGEGIS from the January 1 of a year they joined.
On the other hand, they will be entitled for this insurance cover from the actual date of joining the service to the end of a year. They will be fully qualified member of this insurance scheme from the January 1 of the next year.
Bear in mind that re-employed defense personnel are not eligible for the CGEGIS until the expiry of insurance cover from the Group Insurance Scheme for Armed Forces. Once they get their existing insurance cover expired, they can meet the requirements for the CGEGIS easily.
Benefits under CGEGIS
- There are many benefits for central government employees by the CGEGIS. The following details explain these benefits.
- The amount of contributions to the savings fund together with the overall interest will be paid to the central government employee when they leave their job or retire.
- Nominee or heirs of the central government employees will receive the amount of insurance cover from this group belonged on the date of death and savings fund’s accumulation in case of the death of employees.
- If central government employees die before they were enrolled as members of CGEGIS, nominee or heirs of these employees will get the insurance amount only.
- Central government employees obtain housing loans by assigning their accumulation in the savings fun and the insurance cover. They cannot withdraw, loan or advance from their savings fund and insurance fund.
Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) change After 7th Pay Commission
- The 7th pay commission enhanced the CGEGIS that has remained unchanged for a long time. The latest enhancements in the CGEGIS attract and satisfy every employee of the central government.
- The level of employee from 1 to 5, 6 to 9 and 10 and above paid 30, 60 and 120 per month for the insurance amount 30 000, 60000 and 120 000 respectively so far.
- The 7th pay commission proposed that the level of employee from 1 to 5, 6to 9 and 10 and above can pay 1500, 2500 and 5000 per month for the insurance amount 1500000, 2500000 and 5000000 respectively hereafter.
- UGC Pay Scale Pay Matrix Salary Allowance Under Current and 7th Pay Commission
- Wing Commander Pay Scale Grade Pay Salary Slip Allowance Facility After 7th Pay Commission