MTNL Designations Grade Pay Scale Salary Allowance Perks Facility Under 7th Pay Commission
MTNL or Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited is a Government owned telecommunications organization or a Public Sector Unit (PSU). It carries with it the honour of Navratna status granted by the Government of India.MTNL predominantly deals with telephone and mobile services, wireless broadband services, digital television and so on. It is headquartered in the capital of India, New Delhi. The company provides promising job opportunities to suitable post graduate and graduates candidates. Hiring is done in a range of posts at MTNL, from marketing to managerial posts with noteworthy pay scale.
Mentioned below is the pay scale offered for various posts at MTNL.
Salary At MTNL
Annual average salary of an employee at MTNL can range from INR 3378,000 to INR 730,000 per annum depending upon the post at which the employee is serving.
Pay scale based on posts/designation at MTNL:
|Post||Average Range of Salary (in INR)|
|Intern||Rs. 100 to 150 (per hour)|
|Senior Supervisor||Rs. 872k to 958k (yearly)|
|Account Manager||Rs. 1.3M to 1.47M (yearly)|
|Assistant Manager||Rs. 873k to 930k (yearly)|
|Software Development Engineer||Rs. 87k to 94k (monthly)|
|JTO||Rs. 668k to 725k (yearly)|
|DMT||Rs. 859k to 938k (yearly)|
Pay Scale of a Management Trainee
A senior management employee in marketing at E5 level is offered salary in range of INR 29100 to 54000 per month. He is offered HRA, i.e. Housing Rent Allowance along with it.
Similarly, a senior management employee in telecom is offered the same perks as that in marketing.
- Deputy General Manager below the age of 47 years, who possesses a B.E. or B.Tech degree in Electronic, IT, Computer or Telecommunication or a degree is any other corresponding course granted by any State or Central Government recognized Indian Institute, is offered salary in range of INR 36600 to INR 62000 per month.
Pay Scale for General Manger Posts
- A candidate within 57 years age applying for the post of General Manager can earn in INR 62,000 to INR 80,000 per month. Although, he should hold a B.E. or B.Tech degree in Telecommunication, IT, Electronic or Computer or a corresponding degree from a State or Central Government recognized Indian Institute
The net salary an employee takes home is different than his salary package. An employee gets his basic pay within the range of pay grade. If he gets promoted, he will be granted salary based on the higher grade. So basically, Grade Pay is the difference between the basic pay of the employee and the pay of his new promoted job.
MTNL hires an applicant for general manager post in telecom, who has at least 17 years of experience, out of which 5 years should include experience at CDA pay scale of Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 with Grade Pay of Rs. 8700 in his pay band.
Similarly, those applying for deputy general manger post should have 10 years of experience, with 4 years at CDA pay scale of INR 15600 to INR 39100 per month and Grade Pay of Rs. 6600.
Allowances, Perks & Other Facilities Offered At MTNL
In addition to modest salary structure, various monetary and non-monetary benefits are offered to employees at MTNL such as holidays, pension schemes, flexible timings etc.
Benefits at MTNL:
- Full medical cover if the employee leaves the company after 50 years of age
- Bonus offered ranges from INR 8000 to INR 17,500.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) is also offered – 30% of (Basic + Grade Pay) in metropolitan cities, 20% in B Grade cities and 10% in other cities.
- Dearness allowance to accommodate cost of living of the employee.
- Transport allowance which the employee can get reimbursed.
- Other pension and promotional benefits.
Benefits Under 7th Pay Commission
Under 6th Pay Commission, employees were offered a good salary raise of say, about 30% to 40% but under 7th Pay Commission the basic salary will be doubled right away. Also, the Dearness Allowance will be merged with basic salary. Thus, the salary will be approximately 30% of the original salary under 7th Pay Commission.
Other Articles :
- Newspaper Allowance Rules Eligibility | Newspaper Allowance Tax Exemption Limit Under 7th Pay Commission