NDRF Salary Pay Scale Matrix Allowance After 7th Pay Commission
National Disaster Response Force aka NDRF was formed in 2006. This special force was established for the natural or man-made disasters take place in the country. In the year 1999 and 2001 the country had witnessed two fatal natural disasters namely Cyclone in Orissa and Earthquake in Gujarat. At that point of time no such special force was there to reach to the place for rescue programs. As per the DM Act 2005 the authority had made the decision of constituting a special force that will be saved to save the life of millions of people who are being victims in any natural or man-made disasters like bomb blasts, terrorist attacks and such.
- NDRF was at first formed with 8 battalions in total. There were 4 divisions from where the officers are being appointed in NDRF for the rescue programs.
- CRPF, BSF, CISF and ITBP are the 4 divisions from where 8 battalions are being formed for NDRF. Each division has provided 2 battalions, so total 8 battalions.
- Now NDRF has total 10 battalions as the force is getting larger for faster and swifter rescue programs. In each battalion there are nearly 1149 officers in action.
- There are several programs and special training is being provided to the officers under NDRF so that they can achieve high skill and capacity to be active in rescue programs across the nation.
NDRF Pay scale
NDRF pay scale and Salary is not as same as the other officers as they are special recruitments and need special trainings.
- Posts like Commandos or constables draw pay scale of Rs. 8300/- to Rs. 16,270/- per month excluding allowances and perks.
- Armour, Bulgur and Drivers draw salary of Rs. 7700/- to Rs. 15,020/- per month at an entry level. This excludes allowances and perks.
- NDRF officers receive same allowances as CRPF, BSF, CISF and ITBP receive. The basic allowances like Dearness Allowances (125%), Hardship Allowances (up to Rs. 9750 per month), and Travel Allowances, House Rent allowances, National Holiday Allowances and such.
- Hardship Allowances after 7th Central Pay Commission has been enhanced by 0.8 factors for the officers who are serving in such disastrous areas at the time of disaster.
|NDRF||National Disaster Response Force|
|Battalions||8 Bn., now 10 Bn.|
|Divisions||CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF|
|No of personnel||1149 per battalion|