Assam One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme for Journalists (Eligibility, Documents, Application form)
Assam government has launched a facility that will provide immense benefits to the reports of Assam. The scheme is called ‘One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme’ and under the scheme the news reporters are going to get 50,000 rupee. It is an annual grant that will be provided to a limited number of journalists. However, the money will be given to the journalists who are not associated with any political party. Here you are going to get details of the scheme so stick to the end.
|Name of the scheme||One Time Grant for Media Personality Scheme|
|Date of launch||6th October, 2020|
|Launched by||The state govt. of Assam|
|Target people||Journalists of Assam|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme– The primary objective of the scheme is to encourage the journalists of the state so that, they can cater unbiased news to the people. Lately, fake news is taking over the media channels and internet, government wants to stop that.
- Financial reward– The beneficiary will get 50,000 rupees annually as a financial reward.
- Number of beneficiary– As per the rule of the scheme, around 20 journalists will receive the reward money.
- Monitoring the scheme– The scheme will be monitored by Information and Public Relations Department.
- Resident of state– The applicant has to be a domicile of Assam to be eligible for the scheme.
- Accredeted by state– The application has to have state’s accreditation as journalist to be eligible for the scheme.
- Work experience– The journalist has to have 15 years of work experience in this field.
- Age limit– The applicant has to be 40 years old and there is upper age limit.
- Annual income– In order to apply for the scheme, the applicant should not earn more than 5 lakh rupees per annum.
- Not affiliated by party– As per the rule of the scheme, the journalist should not be affiliated by any political party.
- Publication/broadcast history– As per the rule of the scheme, the journalist has to have at least 3 successful stories on government scheme in 12 months.
- Criminal record– The candidate should not have any criminal record in order to apply for the scheme.
- Residential address proof– In order to apply for the scheme the candidate needs to bring the address proof during the time of application.
- Work documents– The candidates need to submit thee stills or videos of the events that took place in last 12 months.
- Accreditation card– As per the guideline of the scheme, the candidate needs to provide copy of accreditation card at the time of application.
- Income certificate- As there is rule for income limit so the candidate needs to submit annual income certificate at the time of application.
- Age proof– to show that you fulfill the age criteria you need to show age proof.
How to apply for the scheme?
Since, it is a newly launched scheme, so government has not been released any website or process yet. Once it is announced you will be notified here.
Since, people are confused by the biased and fake news Assam government has taken a step to prevent that diversion. Journalism is considered as the 4th pillar of democracy and that is the reason government is trying to uphold the dignity of journalism. This is the reason with the help of this scheme the people associated with media will get the courage to work with ethics.
Ans: It is a scheme that is dedicated for the journalists to provide them annual financial reward.
Ans: Accredited journalists with 15 years of experience in the field and no association with any political party are eligible.
Ans: 50,000 rupees annually.
Other links –