Jharkhand Patrakar Samman Pension Niyamawali 2019[How to apply, Application Form, Amount, Eligibility Criteria, Documents]
The Chief Minister of Jharkhand Raghubar Das has launched sheme for the working journalists of Jharkhand. It is believed that this step will help to establish a healthy journalism in the state. Now coming to the scheme, Jharkhand Patrakar Samman Pension Niyamawali is a pension scheme for the working journalists of Jharkhand. Along with the pension scheme the Chief Minister announced an award called Atal Smriti Patrakar Samman for the working journalist of the state.
Pension scheme for journalists Jharkhand Details
|Name of the scheme||Patrakar Samman Pension Niyamawali|
|Launch date||August, 2019|
|Launched by||The Chief Minister of Jharkhand Raghubar Das|
|Target people||Retired journalists of Jharkhand|
Key features of the scheme
- Pension amount- The scheme will offer an amount of 7500 rupees per month to the journalists who have reached the age o 60 years old.
- Benefits of the scheme- The journalists who have retired on or after 1st January, 2015 will come under the scheme.
- Monitoring the scheme- In order to make the scheme successful, it requires monitoring. The state government of Jharkhand will form a special committee, and the committee will work under the supervision of Information and Public Relations Department of Jharkhand.
- Number of representatives- In order to monitor the scheme there will be three representatives for three medium of media houses. One representative will monitor the English media houses, one will Urdu and one will be appointed for Hindi medium media houses.
- Mode of work of the committee- The state government has decided to form new committee in every three years.
- Award scheme- Besides the pension scheme the state government has also decided to acknowledge the hard work of the journalists work in Jharkhand. The journalists of the state will be rewarded with of 1 lakh rupees if they involve in some ground breaking work in the field of journalism.
- Working area- To avail the facility of the scheme the journalists’ working area need to be in the media house belongs to the state.
- Working period- In order to avail the pension the journalist needs to be in the field at least 20 years.
- Eligible age- To avail the pension scheme, the journalist needs to be 60 years old.
- Accreditation- The scheme is only applicable to the journalists who were accredited by the state.
- Work experience- In order to come under the scheme the candidates need to produce the proof that validates his or her working period that needs be at least 20 years.
- Proof of working area- The candidates needs to submit the documents that prove that he or she has associated with a media house that belongs to Jharkhand.
- Proof of accreditation– In order to come under the pension scheme the candidates need to produce the documents o their accreditation as journalist.
- Age proof- As the scheme is for the retied journalist who attained the age o 60 so the candidates need to produce their ID card or birth certificate to prove their age.
As the scheme is recently announced and still taking shape so the details of application procedure is not revealed yet. Once the procedure is revealed officially, we will keep you updated.
It is needless to say that the pension scheme for the working journalist is a commendable step taken by the state authority of Jharkhand. The step was hugely praised by the journalist association of the state. The objective o the scheme is to encourage the reporters of the state. Though the journalist associated requested the government to consider the journalists who have no accreditation and also them who are working in other states.