Pharmacists In India Salary And Perks
Earlier, the only place, where a pharmacist could get a job was at the drug store. With developments in health sector and medicine manufacturing industry, their career scope has increased significantly. Candidates who desire to work in this sector will have to prove their worth. The salary scale and perks will depend on the organization. Here are some details, which will come in handy in your quest.
Eligibility for pharmacists
- Degree or diploma in the field – To operate as a certified pharmacist, all interested applicants will have to apply for the Pharmaceutical Science courses. Applicants can opt for the degree or diploma course.
- Academic qualification – All applicants must pass their 12th standard education from a registered school. Only if they have this school passing certificate, they will be able to apply for a degree in Pharmaceutical Science programs.
- Official certification – Once the candidates pass the degree or diploma course with necessary marks, the Pharmacy Council of the nation offers them a certificate. After attaining this certificate, they will be able to work as a pharmacist in the chosen department.
Monthly salary of the pharmacists
The monthly salary of the professional will vary from one Indian state to another. The market reports suggest that a male pharmacist will get anything between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 23,000 on a monthly basis. The monthly salary of a female pharmacist will range within Rs. 9000 and Rs. 20,000
Yearly salary of pharmacists
There is a salary disparity for male and female pharmacists. On an average, a male professional will make anything between Rs. 191,340 and Rs. 276,000 on an annual basis. On the other hand, a female professional will attain a yearly pay that ranges between Rs. 99,000 and Rs. 228,000
Other perks and benefits
The initial pay for pharmacists is not high. If you succeed in bagging a good job, with a reputed organization, then you will also attain additional perks. The bigger the company, better will be the benefits. Pharmacists are entitled to get yearly bonus. Apart from this, they will also attain medical benefits and insurance coverage. Some companies also offer extra allowance for leisure travel, after a certain span. These professionals can also earn a significant amount as commission.
State-wise salary scale
|State||Yearly Salary Scale|
|Delhi||Rs. 97,667 – Rs. 235,832|
|Karnataka||Rs. 99,000 – Rs. 228,000|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rs. 96,000 – Rs. 2,400,000|
|Kerala||Rs. 51,000 – Rs. 66,000|
Sector-wise salary scale
|Name Of The Sector||Yearly Salary Scale|
|Healthcare Department||Rs. 64,328 – Rs. 431,739|
|Internal Medicine Department||Rs. 73,028 – Rs. 356,056|
|Pharmaceutical Department||Rs. 62,384 – Rs. 320,229|
|Medical Services||Rs. 68,879 – Rs. 511,063|
|Hospital Department||Rs. 63,788 – Rs. 380,228|
Salary scale as per organization size
|Strength Of The Company||Yearly Salary Scale|
|Within 10 and 40 employees||Rs. 121,335 – Rs. 287,500|
|Within 200 and 599 employees||Rs. 75,000 – Rs. 180,300|
Role and responsibilities of pharmacist
- Dispensing medicine – Dispensing medicines is the primary responsibility of the pharmacist. When a customer approaches them with a prescription, these professionals offer the correct medicines.
- Compounding formulations – Pharmacists will also be able to compound drugs. They will be able to mix different medicinal compositions to create the accurate formula that uplift the patient’s health.
- Proper labeling – It is also the responsibility of the pharmacist to label the drugs properly. This includes specifying the time and amount of dosage. Laymen will benefit greatly from these details. Proper labeling eliminates the chances of wrong consumption of drugs.
- OTC medications – Sometimes people don’t want to see a doctor for minor ailments. Here, the pharmacists will come to their rescue. These individuals possess adequate knowledge about several drugs. Depending on the symptoms, pharmacists will be able to prescribe over the counter drugs to patients.
- Offer necessary guidance – If a patient is in need of some assistance or medical guidance, then he/she can approach the pharmacist. These professionals will be able to provide pertinent information about doctors and drugs.
Experienced pharmacists play an important part in the development of healthcare and wellbeing sector. Apart from this, pharmacists come in handy in medicine companies. They possess information, and can apply it to develop new medicinal formulations. Candidates with proper knowledge and experience will not have to toil hard to land themselves with jobs. There is also adequate scope for development in this field.