PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana in Punjab 2020 for SC / BC/ BPL (Eligibility, Application form online, Benefits, electricity subsidy)
Punjab State Power Corporation Limited has started a new scheme for the benefit of the people. Under this scheme, the Punjab government will give LED bulbs to the people living in the state of Punjab. Under this scheme, LED bulbs will be given mainly to people belonging to scheduled castes and backward classes below the poverty line. This scheme’s total expenditure has been fixed at 8.63 crores, in which 4580 economical bulbs will be distributed among the people.
Under the Kifayati LED Bulb Scheme issued by the Punjab government, it is mandatory to check the eligibility and criteria for every person who fills the application to get the benefits. In this scheme, the government will mainly entitle people belonging to the BPLSCB category and provide LED bulbs to those people whose home meter will be 1 KW. Under this scheme, two LEDs will be provided to each consumer for just ₹ 30. The complete information related to this scheme is given below, following which you can also become a beneficiary by availing the benefits of this scheme. So let’s start the process of understanding this scheme in detail.
- Only permanent residents of Punjab will get benefits under this scheme.
- To benefit this scheme, the electricity connection of the candidate’s house must be from Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
- Only those below the poverty line and belonging to the scheduled caste and last year’s category can fill this scheme’s application.
- It is also mandatory for the applicant to avail power subsidy from Power Corporation Limited from Punjab.
- Only a 1 kg watt meter load should be installed in the beneficiary’s house.
Benefits of kifayati led bulb scheme
Citizens of Punjab will get some essential benefits through Kifayati led bulb scheme, which is given below.
- Under this scheme, all the people who fill the application will get led bulbs from Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
- This led bulb will be provided to individuals applying at a low cost.
- These led bulbs provided by the government will consume 80 to 90 percent less power.
- These LED bulbs provided by the government are designed in some different ways that do not catch fire.
- Another advantage of these LED bulbs is that they last longer and have a running time of about 20 thousand hours.
- All these bulbs are made environmentally friendly.
- Mercury has not been used in all the bulbs made under the economical LED bulb scheme.
How to apply for the Kifayati LED bulb scheme –
The application process in the economical LED bulb scheme is not complicated because it applies to this scheme. You have to visit the office of the nearest Punjab State Power Corporation Limited. The officer present in the office will have to give a photocopy of his present and identity card. As soon as you submit the documents, you will immediately have to deposit an amount of ₹ 30. After successful payment, you will receive the LED bulb.
The main benefit of this scheme released by the Punjab government will be provided to people belonging to the BPL holder category Scheduled Caste and BC category. Through this scheme, poor people will get financial assistance as well as help in getting electric bulbs. People who could not afford to buy right and expensive bulbs at home due to their economic condition will now illuminate their families by getting LED bulbs under this scheme. Through these LED bulbs, people will also get the inspiration to save electricity, and at the same time, they will be able to achieve electricity at an affordable rate. Besides, they will also get a 200 unit power concession from the government.
Other links –