RTO Pay Scale Salary Allowance Perks In 7th Pay Commission
RTO stands for Regional Transport Officer. The Regional Transport department or authority takes care of the vehicles across the nation India. The department works under the Central Government of India. The officers under this authority get their salary and benefits as other central government employees get. The authority is responsible for the activities like issuing driving licence, supervising the mobility of the vehicles, clearing pollution test, inspection of vehicle’s insurance and so on. The pay scale of the RTO is different in different states. The average pay scale of the Regional Transport Officers lies under Pay Band 3.
RTO Pay Scale
- As mentioned in the above section that the pay band of the RTO officers lies under Pay Band 3, the average monthly income of the regional transport officer at entry level is Rs. 15600/- per month excluding the grade pay, perks and allowances.
- Sometimes based on the states and position the pay scale can raise up to Rs. 50, 000/- per month or more for the designation of the regional transport officer. the pay scale depends on the area the officer is located to.
RTO State wise Salary
|Sl. No.||State Name||Pay scale / Salary||Grade Pay|
|1.||Uttar Pradesh||Rs. 15600/- to Rs. 39100/-||Rs. 3600/-|
|2.||Maharashtra||Rs. 14800/- to Rs. 34000/-|
|3.||Karnataka||Rs. 28100/- to Rs. 50100/-|
|4.||Jammu & Kashmir||Rs. 55000/- (approx)|
|5.||Andhra Pradesh||Rs. 25500/- to Rs. 49500/-|
Apart from these states there are other states as well that offer different pay scale for the RTO officers. On the other RTO inspectors get less salary than the RTO officers in different states.
RTO Perks and Allowances
- DA: As per the 7th pay commission report every central government employee will get 113% of their basic pay scale as their Dearness Allowances.
- HRA: RTO officers get house rent allowances based on their basic entry level salary. An experienced RTO officer sometimes gets quarter in government premises if the candidate gets located in different city. In that case they don’t get HRA.
- MA: medical allowances like medicines, treatment cost, surgery costs are also paid to the officers. If there is any dependent of the candidate then also they get medical allowances for the dependents as well such as wife, old parents and kids.
- Travel allowances: RTOs get travel allowances as well depending on their basic pay. As per the central government rule in every 10 years the RTO can go on a foreign tour.
- Pension: after retirement RTOs get pension, gratuity and other retirement facilities like DA, medical allowances etc.
- Others: other perks like hardship allowances, vehicles, phone bills and others.