Assam Swanirbhar Nari Atmanirbhar Scheme 2020 for Economically Disadvantaged Women (Eligibility, Apply online)
To help the women of Assam who are economically backward Assam government has recently launched a scheme called Swanirbhar Nari Atmanirbhar Assam Scheme. The scheme was launched on 9th October, 2020 aiming to create several opportunities for the women of the state. Soon the scheme will be implemented in the Panchayat and rural areas of Assam. Here in the article we are going to talk about the scheme in details.
Name of the scheme
Swanirbhar Nari – Atmanirbhar Assam Scheme
State government of Assam
Date of launch
9th October, 2020
Economically underprivileged women of the state
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme– The discussed scheme will help the women of the state who are fighting against economic crisis.
- Aim of the scheme– In the 1st phase the scheme will generate 822 community assets, and 3.72 lakh sustainable individual assets.
- Implementation of the scheme– The state authority is going to implement the scheme by merging with MGNREGA. It will be a convergence scheme that will undertake various sectors like fishery, agriculture, farming, environment, textiles, forest, sericulture, animal husbandry, handloom, etc. in the rural and Panchayat area.
- Activity of the scheme– In order to create individual assets there will be 5 activities, and for the community asset there will be 20 activities. All these activities will be done in selected development blocks.
- Monitoring of the scheme– The people of Panchayat committee will take care of the scheme right after implementation of the scheme.
- Role of PRI in the scheme– There will be specific role for the PRI representatives to monitor the scheme in order to check whether the scheme is effectively implemented. Apart from that, PRI representatives will also co-operate SHG beneficiaries in order to make the scheme work.
- Reward for the Panchayat– The state government of Assam will reward the best performing Panchayat to encourage them to work more. The best will get 3 lakhs rupees, the second best will receive 2 lakhs and the third best will get 1 lakh rupees.
- Resident of Assam– In order to come under the scheme the women has to be the permanent domicile of the state.
- Economically marginal– The scheme is for the economically backward people, the candidate has to come from a poor family.
- Bank account– The candidate has to have personal bank account to be eligible for the scheme.
- Address proof– In order to apply for the scheme, the applicant has to show address proof like ration card.
- Identity proof– The applicant has to have Aadhar card as identity proof and they need to submit a copy of it at the time of application.
- Account details– The applicant has to provide bank account details in order to get the benefit from the government.
How to apply for the scheme –
As the scheme is just announced and yet to be launched so no further procedure has been released by the state government. Once it is released you will be informed.
Since the day honorable PM Narendra Modi has urged to people to be self-dependent, this scheme is the best step that a government can take. It will help the women who are in dire and they will have a quality livelihood in the rural areas. There are so many women who are associated with agriculture, textile, farming, etc. and earn pittance as wage. This scheme will empower the by providing financial aid.
Other links –
- Gujarat Digital Seva Setu
- Assam One Time Grant Scheme
- Kerala Sahachari Scheme
- Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme