Thalassemia Bal Seva Yojana 2020 (Eligibility, Application form online, documents, UPSC)
The central government of India has recently come up with health scheme for the kids who are suffering from Thalassemia. The scheme is called Thalassemia Bal Seva Yojana and the scheme was launched by the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan on 14th October, 2020. The scheme will be beneficial for the people who are have sickle cell disease besides the people who are dealing with Thalassaemia. Here in this article you will get detailed idea of the scheme.
Name of the scheme
Thalassemia Bal Seva Yojana
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan
Date of launch
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme– It is a one-time cure scheme that will help the people who are suffering from Thalassemia, and sickle cell disease. It will help the people to go through the treatment who have got matched family donor.
- Financial assistance– Under the scheme patients will get financial assistance. Under the scheme 200 patients will receive the financial aid.
- Amount of financial aid– As per the rule of the scheme, every patient who has become the beneficiary under the scheme will receive 10 lakhs per HSCT.
- Transplant centers– Under the scheme thee will be five health centers where transplant of cell will take place. And the transplant centers will do at least 5 bone marrow transplants in one year.
- Health care centers– The healthcare centers where the transplant takes place are- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Tata Medical Centre (TMC), Kolkata, Christian Medical College (CMC), New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre (RGCIRC), Tata Medical Centre (TMC), and Christian Medical College (CMC).
- New addition of health care centers– In the 2nd phase of the scheme there will be two new health care centers and they are- Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana (CMCL), and Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore (NHB).
- Funding of the scheme– The scheme will be funded by the Coal India Corporate as a part of their Social Responsibility program which is known as Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Program.
- Patients of Thalassemia- The scheme is restricted for the diseases like Thalassemia and sickle cell disease.
- Citizen of India– The scheme is only for the people who are the citizen of this country.
- Monthly income– The discussed scheme is only for the people whose monthly income is less than 20,000 rupees.
- Age limit– Under this 2nd phase of the scheme, the patient’s age has to be no more than 12 years old.
Documents for application
- Birth certificate– In order to apply for the scheme you need to submit patient’s birth certificate.
- Medical certificate– While applying for the scheme the candidate’s medical certificates and necessary documents are required.
- Income certificate– To become the beneficiary under the scheme patient’s guardian should show the proof of monthly income.
How to apply for the scheme?
As it is a newly launched scheme so there is no process has been declared by the government. Once it is declared you will be informed.
Disease like Thalassemia which is a blood disorder does not let the human body produce oxygenated fresh blood and that is the reason the patients are transfused. In a survey it has been reported that in India there are 40 million Thalassemia patients. So, coming up with such scheme will be a great help to those who are suffering from it while there is no prevention and control opportunity.
Other links –
- Special Festival Advance Scheme
- LTC Cash Voucher Scheme
- Assam One Time Grant Scheme
- Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni Yojana in Assam